Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
The City of Temple Parks & Recreation Department would like say thank you to all who participated in the 2016 Downtown Temple Christmas Parade!
Our continued success is due to all of your hard work and dedication in bringing this wonderful Christmas Tradition to life for the past 70 years!
Planning starts early! If you would like to join us for the 2017 Downtown Temple Christmas Parade (December 4, 2017) keep an eye out as applications will go live online in early October, 2017.
It is recommended that spectators arrive by 6:00 p.m. Guests may park on the side streets and walk to Adams Ave., or park in several parking lots located along Adams Avenue. The municipal parking lot at City Hall will also be available for parking.
Schedule of Activities
- 4:00 pm – 6th and 8th Streets closed for parade entries
- 4:30 pm – Come early to get a great seat in the bleachers in front of City Hall, visit the local shops for some early Christmas shopping, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:45 pm– No traffic allowed down Adams Avenue
- 6:15 pm- Mayor Danny Dunn will light the Municipal Building's holiday decorations and the City's Christmas tree located in the municipal parking lot of City Hall (2 N. Main Street).
- 6:30 pm – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Temple.
- Local personalities from around Central Texas on our announcer stands!
- The parade takes approximately 90 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:20 pm– Santa begins his trip down the parade route on a specially designed float.
Adams avenue from 8th street west to 23rd street!
The City of Temple is pleased to announce that this year’s Christmas Parade, has been scheduled for Monday evening, December 4, 2017. The parade committee is dedicated to preserving a quality community parade with thousands of lights and one that celebrates the spirit of the holiday season.
We are currently accepting applications. All civic organizations, clubs, schools or businesses are welcomed to participate. A little imagination, hundreds of lights and a lot of spirit is all it takes!
The theme for this year’s parade is “It's Christmas, A time for Peace, Love and Joy." Marching Bands, individuals and groups are encouraged to represent this theme with their costumes, vehicles and floats.
If you are considering entering a float, walking unit, equestrian unit or motorized unit for the 2017 parade, please read the document carefully as we will have expected you to be fully aware of and in agreement with these policies prior to submitting your application. The deadline for applications is Friday, November 17 @ 5:00 pm.